Pilates is a form of exercise which emphasizes the balanced development of the body through core strength, flexibility, and awareness in order to support efficient, graceful movement.
At ParkwayHealth, both Allegro and Mat pilates classes are available, individually or in groups.
Benefits of Pilates:
- General injuries
- Helps with injury prevention - by strengthening the core muscles, assisting with more efficient and balanced movement and improving flexibility, preventing injury.
- Pilates helps with injury recovery - by using many of the same principles used to help injured athletes recuperate and focusing on control of movement so as to prevent further injury to the body.
Other Benefits of Pilates Movements:
- Improved alignment
- Enhanced breathing & circulation
- Increased strength, flexibility & balance
- Improved muscle tone energy & mental concentration
Benefits of Prenatal Pilates:
- Correction to non-impact movements
- Strengthening of postural muscles
- Posture improvements eliminating neck, shoulder, upper/ lower back pain
- Maintaining of good alignment through mind-body awareness
- Preparation for labor
- Right breathing for relaxation
Benefits of Postnatal Pilates:
- Core and pelvic floor muscles strengthening
- Get back to shape fast, easy and safe
Pilates doctorsThere were 0 results found. Please try your search again.
Hong Qiao Medical Center
Select Medical Service
- Adult Medicine
- Aesthetic & Plastic Surgery
- Anaesthesia & Pain Management
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- Psychology Services & Counseling
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Traditional Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture
Powered by doko.com