At ParkwayHealth, our expert ENT can care for the following:
- Ears - our specialists is trained in both the medical and surgical treatment of hearing disorders, ear infections, balance disorders, ear noise (tinnitus), nerve pain, and facial and cranial nerve disorders.
- Nose - care of the nasal cavity and sinuses is available, including allergies and a person's sense of smell, as well as the appearance of the nose and a person's ability to breathing through the nose.
- Throat - our expert manages diseases of the larynx (voice box) and the upper aero-digestive tract or esophagus, including voice and swallowing disorders.
- Head and Neck - also able to treat infectious diseases in the head and neck area. Some diseases include both benign and malignant (cancerous) tumors, facial trauma, and deformities of the face.
What conditions are seen?
- Diseases of the ear, the auricle, cannel, middle ear and mastoid; e.g. otitis externa, otitis media, acute and chronic, cholesteatoma, mastoiditis, hydromyrinx and otosclerosis.
- Disorder of the inner ear; e.g. sudden hearing loss, tinnitus, vertigo, facial nerve paralysis.
- Diseases of the nose; e.g. nasal obstruction, septal deviation, hyperplastic turbinates, nasal polyposis, sinus infections and especially respiratory allergies.
- Diseases of the oro-hypo and nasopharynx; e.g. hyperplasia or inflammation of the adenoids and tonsills, tumors in the oral cavity, tumors of salviatory glands, snoring.
- Diseases of the larynx; e.g. vocal disorder, hoarseness, cough.
What types of procedures & surgery are available?
- Binocular microscope examinations of the ear for diagnosis and treatment.
- Endoscopy of nose, throat and especially the larynx.
- Audiometry, including pure tone audiometry, speech audiometry, tympanometry and otoacustic emissions.
- Allergy testing, concerning inhalant allergies of the upper respiratory system including skin prick testing and nasal provocation test.
- Vestibularis function tests including caloric reflex test.
- Ear surgery: otoplasty, tympanoplasty type I, and the insertion of tympanic cavity wash tubes.
- Surgery of the nose: septoplasty, turbinoplasty, rhinoplasty, polypectomy, operation of the paranasal sinus.
- Adenectomy, adenotonsillectomy.
- Operation of small tumors in the larynx, pharynx and oral cavity, skin tumors, cysts and nodes in the neck and head area.
Tomorrow Square, 389 Nanjing Xi Rd., 4th Floor Shanghai 200003
170 Danshui Rd., 3 Floor Shanghai 200020
997, Bi Yun Road, Jin Qiao, Pudong Shanghai 201206
505, Gubei Road., Shanghai 200051