Psychoeducational Assessment Program
Learning Disabilities (LD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) can affect all people-children, adolescents and adults. Some of them may also struggle with anxiety, or depression. They do not discriminate based on gender, race or socioeconomic status. Psychoeducational testing can be helpful in diagnosing and treating LD, ADHD, anxiety, depression, and other emotional, intellectual, or academic challenges. A formal Psychoeducational assessment is necessary to obtain academic accommodations.
What is a Psychoeducational Assessment?
A Psychoeducational Assessment is a process of gathering information using specific tests, interviews, review of records, consultation with professionals (Psychologists, teachers). All of this information is then integrated to answer questions about the individual's emotional, intellectual, behavioral, and academic strengths and challenges, and to generate recommendations for optimizing strengths and compensating weaknesses.
Why Parkwayhealth uses this Psychoeducational Assessment kit?
Because it is:
- One of the most widely used, researched, and standardized assessments for intelligence and academic achievement in children
- Recommended by the American Psychological Association
- Carefully selected to ensure a comprehensive picture of each child's unique strengths and challenges
- Well-designed instrument with excellent technical properties (i.e., reliability and validity)
Our Psychoeducational Assessment kit is tailored for children between the ages of 6 and 16 inclusive.
It consists of:
- 5 or more different types of Testing
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children, 5th Edition (WISC-V), developed by David Wechsler, WISC is an individually administered Intelligence test. The WISC generates an IQ score which represents a child's general cognitive ability.
- Wechsler Individual Achievement Test, 3rd Edition (WIAT-III) assesses the Academic Achievement of children and adolescents. The test enables the assessment of a broad range of academics skills: Reading, Math, Writing, and Oral Language.
- Conners 3 is a well-designed instrument of diagnosis and treatment of children with ADHD and co-morbid disorders.
- Behavior Assessment System for Children, 3rd Edition (BASC3) provides the most comprehensive set of rating scales and forms that help you understand the behaviors and emotions of children and adolescents.
- Behavior Rating Inventory of Executive Function 2nd Edition (BRIEF2) is an assessment of executive function behaviors at home and at school for children and adolescents. The questionnaire and several clinical scales are developed to give you a well-rounded picture of the behavior of the child or adolescent being rated.
- Other tests as necessary
- Score and Analysis
- Appropriate Educational and Therapeutic Recommendations and Report edit
- Psychological Support
Assessment Duration & Price
The whole assessment will take approximately 12 hours, including:
|Parent Consultation||1 hour|
|Child Testing||4 - 5 hour|
|Score and Analysis||2 hour|
|Report Edit||4 - 5 hour|
The Psychoeducational Assessment Kit is only available for children and adolescents between the ages of 6 and 16 who understand English.
Nationality: Canadian, HongKong
Language: English, Mandarin, Cantonese
Specialization: Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Psychological and Psychoeducational Assessment
Special Interests: in children with behavioral difficulties and in meeting the emotional, mental, and spiritual health needs of expatriates and expatriate families
- Clinical Psychology Masters (MA) and Doctorate (PsyD) in Los Angeles
- Registered Clinical Psychologist in Alberta, Canada
- Member of College of Alberta Psychologists/Canadian Psychological Association/Shanghai International Mental Health Association
- 10 years of work experience in community counseling, hospital, and school settings in different countries
- Wide range of experience with a highly multicultural clientele, especially with children and adolescents